Computers and Information technology workshop
Friendly One to one tuition in your home or office using your own computer or device. Don’t have your own computer! no problem, I can provide one for the time of the class (small fee applied). I will also help you choose the right device for all your personal requirements.
Below is an example of the topics covered, but classes can be tailored to your individual needs from novice, to intermediate through to advanced. if you need help with a specific task I can show you how to achieve it.
We will cover:
- basic computer handling
- Starting with windows 10, 7, user interface and basic settings
- Using web browsers, email and google search
- Understanding Files, and how to copy from one device to another (USB, Hard drives, Memory cards, Discs)
- Computer scam and virus prevention
The aim of this workshop is not teaching you how to take a better picture or how to be a better photographer!
I will show you how to operate your camera and how to process all your pictures, from downloading to your PC, cataloguing, sharing, and explaining how important it is to backup all your pictures and how to work with professional software like Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop.
Not sure what camera to choose, are you confused by salesmen and technical specifications. I will advise what type of camera I think will best suit your needs with clear explanations of the differences between DSLR and mirrorless. You can even try one. Below is an example of the topics the class will cover.
- Get familiar with your camera
- Downloading pictures to your device or computer
- Processing and cataloguing pictures
- How to backup all photos and videos
- Introduction to Photoshop and Lightroom
- Printing and sharing your memories, or getting feedback from others
Online privacy and security
With the overwhelming technology around us, we often forget about our privacy. There are many devices we are using every day without knowing how much information we are sharing about ourselves.
Our Children are at particular risk, growing so quickly and learning so fast, we can’t keep up with them, but security doesn’t seem so important to them. but we can take responsibility and use parental control. I will show you how.
Don’t leave your “windows” open to everybody.
CallCTech for help how to make your online devices more secure, and how to browse the internet safely
To be totally safe you have to be ‘OFFLINE’ but there are a few simple steps you can take to make your computer and online communications more private and secure.
- internet security and parental control
- password managers and how to choose a better password
- more secure online communication tools (encryption and VPN)
- What to do if my computer get infected
There are many ways to present yourself on the internet. If you are a small business or family and you would like to have more control of your emails, or you’re just looking for a more professional look. I will guide you and help you set up your own personalised email and website. There are many ways how to get yourself online but it can be time-consuming. I will help you save time and put you on the right track.
- how to buy your own domain name (web address/email)
- where to register
- how to pick the best package for you
- how to renew your domain
- personal email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- unique family email address
- setting up your computer and all mobile devices
- how to deal with spam and infected emails
- how to pick your own hosting (place to live) for web pages and emails
- install and setup your own website
- edit and update website
- setting up social profiles
- facebook, twitter, google+, etc.